Salary and benefits
City of Surrey
Are you interested in making a difference and help save lives? If so, bring your passion for Road Safety and join our Road Safety Team. The City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
We are currently hiring for a Road Safety Technologist who will play a key role within our Road Safety Team in helping Surrey to achieve its best-in-class Vision Zero Safe Mobility Plan objectives. Working under the direction of the Road Safety Manager, you will perform valuable and complex technical work in recommending and evaluating solutions to maintain and improve road safety throughout the City.
- You’ll build and maintain effective working relations with both internal and external partners, such as the local law enforcement, ICBC, and the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure.
- You’ll make recommendations and solutions with regards to road safety improvements.
- You have the ability to communicate effectively to both in writing and orally to Engineering staff, members of the public and partners in road safety.
- You’ll provide impeccable customer services as you provide assistance to the community regarding road safety concerns and inquiries.
- You’ll attend and participate in meetings and liaise with both internal and external partners.
- You share our City Values of Integrity, Service, Community, Innovation, and Teamwork in all aspects of your work.
- You will have completed a minimum of Civil Engineering Technology Diploma and exposure to transportation and road safety engineering. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- You're able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing.
- You're able to work and build positive relationships with internal and external partners
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and are able to juggle several key projects.
- You have outstanding customer service and public relations skills.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality is essential for this position.
You have good understanding of road safety methodologies and exposure to road safety/transportation engineering.
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://www.surrey.ca/city-government/599.aspx.
Deadline for applications