McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd.
McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. has an opportunity for a Traffic/Transportation Planning Engineer to join our team in Edmonton, AB. In this role, you will have the opportunity will work collaboratively with our inter-disciplinary team of Engineers, Planners, Landscape Architects and Environmental Scientists to provide innovative and integrated consulting services to our public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a junior engineer to grow their career with a well-established company.
- Providing experienced and skilled engineering and management of traffic transportation engineering projects from proposal stage, through conceptual design, detailed design, construction and completion stages
- Preparing traffic/safety studies and assisting with design packages for all forms and components of roads including interchanges, terminals, structures, resource roads and arterial Highways
- Preparing functional planning reports, design reports and presentations
- Proficient application of traffic software, including Synchro/SimTraffic and HCM. Experience with PTV Software (Vissim, Vistro, Vissum), EMME, Sidra and other modelling software will be considered an asset
- Mentoring and managing technical and junior professional staff participating on projects
- Providing assistance to the Branch Manager as required for planning, sales and marketing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in civil engineering with an emphasis on consulting engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Alberta, or eligible for registration as a P. Eng in Alberta
- Experience should include project management, business development, conducting traffic impact assessments, safety studies, safety audits, traffic management plans and highway studies
- Experience in the application of planning and design standards from the City of Edmonton, Alberta Transportation, Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) and other jurisdictions
- Experience with traffic modelling and simulation software, including Synchro/SimTraffic
- Excellent communication; ability to thrive in a high-performance team environment
How to Apply
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.